Tuesday, October 28, 2008

RIMT

One week ago I was accepting with great honor and excitement, the invitation to be the chair of a conference that Ricardo, LCP of AIESEC PORTO FEP, was addressing to me.

The conference ended 2 days ago, but I still have flashes is my mind, with everything that happened, with the people I met, with the fun I had, with the things I learned.

Everything started on Thursday night, 23rd of October. At 21:30 I was in FEP, meeting with the EB (Executive Board) of AIESEC Porto FEP and with the OC (Organizing Committee) of the conference. In that night we defined what expectations we have one from each other, and we prepared the final materials for the conference.

After 2 hours of sleep, we were heading to Sao Pedro Do Sul, the city that was about to host us for 3 days. Once arrived at the location, we start arranging all the logistics so that when the delegates will arrive everything will be set.

And so we started …

There were 3 full days in which I´ve been totally connected to what AIESEC means. Plenary, people, ice-breakers, great conversations, energy, time tracking, feedback, roll calls, chaos, agenda, coffee, sessions, fun, boat race, meetings.
What are the most valuable things that I have after this conference:

1. Meeting Daudo. The national coach of AIESEC Porto FEP. Talking to him or only his simply presence was very helpful for me.

2. Working close with the EB, getting to know them better, debating the issues that appeared between them and the trainees, seeing them opening their hearts in front of the members, realizing what great persons they are, wanting to know them even better.

3. Meeting new people. Getting to know young Portuguese people that are full of dreams and energy, and are willing to go out there in the world to experience and learn.

4. Having some of the trainees for one night, in the conference. Watching them being involved and sharing their experience with the members, brought me fresh energy.


I can truly say that it was one of my best AIESEC experiences !!!

No comments: